We are looking to recruit an experienced Storeman. This is a full time job (39 hours per week), with negotiable rates of pay.
"Hi, I just thought I would drop you a note to thank you for the speedy and very professional way your team handled what could have been a very difficult situation for us here at the Royal Oak Appleby, over the last couple of days. Your communication was excellent and I have no doubt you went out of your way to minimise the disruption here outside our pub, doing what you said you would do in the time scale you said you would achieve. We have had loads of disruption on this road over the last 24 months with different contractors none of which handled the situation anywhere near as well as your team, so many thanks from all the 30 staff at the Royal Oak Appleby."Kyle & Jan MacRaeOwners
Royal Oak ApplebyBongate, Appleby In Westmorland
Take a look at this BBC News video featuring MacRebur and their revolutionary new plastic road surface.DSD are proud to be one of the first companies working with MacRebur and we've already used 'Plasmac' for many works throughout Cumbria.
In the video, MacRebur Co-Founder Toby McCartney explains how his business is persuading councils to use local waste plastic to build roads.
And if you look closely you'll see our guys hard at work!
Watch below or on the BBC website - www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39693091.
DSD are proud to be one of the first companies working with MacRebur and their revolutionary new road surface 'Plasmac'.Plasmac is an asphalt road material that uses recycled waste plastic instead of bitumen. It was developed by Toby McCartney and friends Nick Burnett and Gordon Reid, who all live nearby in Eaglesfield, Dumfries and Galloway.
Tests show Plasmac to be 60% stronger than the current British standard asphalt - increasing the road lifespan with less potholes and surface damage.
It also uses local waste plastics such as bottles and bags, which reduces carbon emissions and the impact on the environment.
Other benefits include lower raw material costs, reduced road maintenance costs and waste plastic disposal costs.
The idea caught the eye of Sir Richard Branson earlier this year as MacRebur were named winners of the Virgin Media Business Boom Competition.
- Surfacing works at Glasgow Airport with Morgan Sindall - 4,500 tonnes of surfacing materials
- Runway works at Edinburgh Airport over four weekends in October
- Building new car park at Excelby services near carlisle - new LPG tank to be sited for BOC
- Second contract with Wills Bros in Swindon/Greenbridge roundabout - 6500 tonnes
- Two year contract with Virgin Media in Carlisle, helping with installation throughout the city
DSD are delighted to announce a new shirt sponsorship deal with Carlisle United for the 2016/17 season.Our logo will appear in pride of place on all first team and replica shirts and training kit.
DSD Managing Director Shaun Nugent said: “Having been life long supporters of Carlisle United we feel very proud to be their main sponsor and offer something back to the local community. By becoming main sponsors we are hoping other local businesses will follow suit and help by investing in the club for many years to come.”
Carlisle United Chairman Andrew Jenkins said: “It’s fantastic for us that DSD have come on board in this manner because they have been long standing supporters and sponsors of the club in many different ways.
"We have often called on their expertise and they have never once let us down. Dennis Nugent made it clear to us that he would always help out in any way he could and it’s wonderful to see that Shaun is keen to continue that family tradition.”
Last week, DSD Construction joined forces with other Cumbrian businesses to help the local community, creating a new riverside walk as part of the 'Give a Day to the City' initiative. This project was one of many that focus on bringing a new lease of life to spaces and buildings in Carlisle during October.
We donated and layed a bitmac path by the River Eden, which will provide a durable, reliable and smooth surface for years to come and make it accessible to all including wheelchair users. Our team worked all day on the path and we are delighted to have received some great feedback on our work already!
See below for photos from the day.
DSD Construction have invested in a brand new Johnston road sweeper. The road sweeper will assist in the ever-growing planning operation and will be available for hire.
- Payload Capacity: 6 tonnes
- Clean Water Tank Capacity: 1572 litres
- Chassis GVM: 13-15 tonnes
- Maximum Swept Width: 3.6m
- Auxiliary Fuel Tank: 190 litres
Benefits of the Johnston VT651 Road Sweeper:
- Operational Performance - designed to fit a wide range of chassis models to suit specific operational requirements, confident that the sweeper will provide the power and performance to complete the task.
- Productivity -the VT651 provides the ideal balance between performance and environmental impact, with applications to suit a full range of sweeping environments.
- Environmental Impact - low fuel consumption is a key attribute in reducing carbon footprint and CO2 emissions. With the mechanical drive systems running at maximum efficiency, the fuel consumption of the auxiliary engine is the lowest in its class with 3.3 litres per hour at 1200 rpm.
- Hydrostatic Drive - the gearbox is powered by the main truck chassis engine and enables infinitely variable forward speed control. Designed specifically for road sweeping, the hydro-drive allows for cruise control and travel speeds up to 40 kph in hydrostatic drive, reducing the need to de-select hydrostatic drive when travelling short distances.
Having been awarded two major contracts at Sellafield, DSD Construction have recently opened new offices at Whitehaven to support the schemes. A new dedicated team of professionals will work out of the new offices and look after all construction operations.
There is a conference/meeting/training room available for local businesses to hire. The facilities are excellent and very amenable for the Sellafield site. Please see below for photos.
DSD are pleased to inform that the majority of our workforce now have P4 passes which were essential to our ongoing work at Sellafield.
We are delighted to announce that DSD has been successful in securing the surfacing works package with Carillion PLC for the project at Greenodd.
We are proud to announce we have been chosen to undertake the refurbishment of the Car Sales Area at Ben Hodgson Cars Ltd, in Dalston Cumbria.
This work will involve general ground works kerbing and full re-surfacing by our own Tarmac crews, the Electrical division will be involved with high level lighting and LED road lighting to the sales area.